Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake in England

"The biggest earthquake for nearly 20 years has been felt across large parts of England."
-quoted from BBC,
Last Updated: Wednesday, 27 February 2008, 02:34 GMT
read more here

I felt the tremor, but apparently it was an earthquake! I didn't quite notice it at first because I was deep in slumber. (I had an early day! - had class from 9 am - 10am and from 1pm - 4pm). By the time I got home was hungry and TIRED..ahhah so straight away after cooking dinner (without eating ehhehe) I crawl into my bed to rest and sleep..Zzzz


but around 1am ( approximately 1 hour and 45minutes ago), I was woken up by this real-life-like feeling of tremor and I thought it was just a dream and also I thought it was just a strong gale of winds. But apparently I am not the only one who felt it...all of my housemates felt it too. After that we just sort of sleep it off (well my housemates are sleeping now) and I am apparently wide awake. I slept from 7 till 1 so i guess I'm well rested (I was super tired ahahah).

After that mini-event (not so mini), I brushed my teeth and couldn't go back to sleep (and I'm not particularly sleepy). After that I went online and check my emails and read Bleach manga. About 2.30am, my phone vibrated - checked the number but it was withheld - so I just picked it and heard my mum's voice on the other side. Well it's nice to hear her voice and she sounded frantic! She said there was an earthquake in England...and she's in BRUNEI. I mean WOW - news do travel fast - super fast indeed..

After hearing that I am fine, she somehow calmed down a bit. And 15 minutes after that I had a video call from my grandparents - my grandma was crying! (so sweet!) she told me my mum called them and told what happened. I got to see my grandma and grandpa and my youngest aunty and her husband and my lil' cousin Zuka..I talked to them for a few minutes and both my mum and grandparents advised to sembahyang hajat and pray - and hope everything will be alright. I love my family! and miss them so much...I miss having people who cares so much about me around me (in other words who spoiled me - heheh just kidding).

(it got me thinking tho, I'm feeling calm here as if nothing happened - maybe it was the lull after the tiredness-slumber, people across the globe are worried, then I should be worried to, at least be prepared to what's gonna happen next...so since I just had a nice rest and peaceful sleep, i think I'm not gonna go back to sleep and keep being awake for a few hours or so)

"The biggest earthquake for nearly 25 years has been felt across large parts of England"
-quoted from BBC,
Last Updated: Wednesday, 27 February 2008, 02:56 GMT

well that's my update
BE VIGILANT! :D

No comments:

visitors