Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Now people live longer than they used to be

I guess so.

I wrote this down while listening to my lecturer. He was talking about pension funds (financial management stuff). He was explaining that companies nowadays are not really keen on having pension funds as part of their portfolio - since people live longer than they used to be (meaning that companies will have to pay more for people who used to work with them much longer than they expect to). Somewhere along this line...I wasn't really paying attention today, because

Reason #1 : The lecture started with guest speakers all from the same company (Company XYZ - I don't want to specifically mention the name of the company). The first speaker a youngish one 30-45ish, started off introducing his colleagues...basically that was what he did - But I couldn't really get what he said, because only (and I am assuming) the front row students and himself could listen and hear what he's got to say. Then his colleague, continued. Even worst! I can't even hear him, and what he said bounced off from my head or like water passing through a sieve, and again, only him and the front row students could hear what he's got to say. Mind you, my friends and I were sitting around 4 rows behind the first row...I only can imagine what the back row students were hearing...

Reason #2 : I was bored! Slept the first few minutes of the second half of the 'real' lecture.

ehhehe that was it.

Now people live longer than they used to be, and I think this is particularly true. People do live longer now. Reasons? People are living a healthy lifestyle. Less war (except those who are unfortunate enough, I don't want to get political here, so you guys may search the net and find out about war-mongering countries).

I will follow up on this post. But I am not sure when. I think it is an interesting topic (in my opinion). So stay tuned.

Currently I'm addicted to AF5 (akademi fantasia). I was never a big fan of it back home, but now I seem to follow its development. ahahha Alright dudes and dudettes...I gotta go do my work.

oh oh...I'm playing Final Fantasy 12! love the game!

No comments:

visitors